West African Ventures Latest Recruits Deputy Contracts Manager in Lagos, Nigeria,January 2014
West African Ventures, an operating company of the Sea Trucks Group, was established in 2000 and is a 100% Nigerian company and a leading indigenous provider of offshore engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and vessel charter services.
With corporate headquarters in Lagos, marine support base and shipyard in Warri, dry-dock and fabrication facilities in Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone, WAV provides excellent offshore support services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas sector.
West African Ventures is recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Deputy Contracts Manager
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Deputy Contracts Manager reports to the Contract Manager.
- Directs the Contracts Specialist; Contracts Engineer; Contracts Administrator
- Draft Letters for contractual issues for Project Director / Manager;
- Ensures that all the documents forming the Contract are made available and handed over to the proper function(s)in accordance with the applicable procedures;
- Ensures that contractual information used by the Project Team is accurate and up-to-date;
- Ensures proper filing of contractual information and documents;
- Ensures the above activities also in respect of documents and information regarding ancillary contractual documents, such as agreements with partners, confidentiality agreements, licence agreements, affidavits, power of attorneys;
- Advises the Project Director / Manager on aspects of the Project execution which deviate from the requirements of the Contract;
- Manages change orders process from identification to resolution of change: prepares and coordinates any claims against or from the Client, Consortium partners and subcontractors; obtains technical, scheduling and pricing elements from relevant disciplines of the Project; under the direction of the Project Manager, submits, answers and negotiates change order requests and claims / counterclaims; keeps updated records and files of all change orders and claims;
- As a support to Finance function checks that the milestones completion notices and other documents required for payment meet the contractual requirements;
- Ensures in liaison with competent corporate functions that required insurance coverage is timely put in place and that required insurance certificates are provided / obtained from vendors, subcontractors and JV partners;
- Assists the Project Director / Manager whenever a loss and/or damage falling under an insurance programme occurs. Subsequently follows up the evolution of the loss, providing support for the orderly build-up of the documentary evidence to be used to substantiate the Insurance Claim and attending the negotiations with the loss adjust in conjunction with the relevant Insurance Function;
- Ensures that contractual and legal matters affecting Project execution are properly addressed, with the support of the relevant disciplines of the Project, and requires mobilisation of other supporting functions;
- In co-ordination with the Project Director / Manager, attempts amicable resolution of disputes with client, partners and subcontractors. Provides support to the Litigation Department in case of Legal Proceedings or Arbitration;
- Ensures regular reporting, in accordance with applicable procedures and internal instructions, on major aspects of the Project, in particular on the status of progress, payments, change orders, claims, bank guarantees, bonds and retentions, parent company guarantees.
- Project Teams (Director /Managers / others);
- Project Services / Control;
- Finance Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering/Law;
- MRICS or equivalent;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience, at least 5 of which must have been at management level, and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas Industry, with at least 7 of those years being with a Contracting organisation;
- Preference for experience in Nigerian oil and gas project environment both offshore and onshore environment;
- Excellent English language both written and spoken with strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
Mode of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the reference number of the vacancy in your application
Closing Date: 5th February, 2014